Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Am I Being Paranoid? (Well you be the judge)

It's not something I recently found, neither it is something new to me you or anybody else in the context of Malaysian especially to my own 'sawo matang' race. I believe most of us have been receiving many kinds of forwarded messages, a kind of reminder message I can say, and mostly the messages are closely related to one's religion. Like what I have over here, got it from a friend of mine. And roughly it reads,

".. SEKARANG NIE KRISTIAN SEDANG AKTIF DI SBN..19 ORANG PADERI MELAYU YANG BARU TIBA DARI SINGAPURA BERADA DI SINI SEKARANG.MEREKA MENGGUNAKAN SIHIR.BERHATI-HATI DENGAN JENAMA (AIR MINERAL) :- 1. ALBARAKAH 2. AL-MANSOR 3. AL-BISTARI P/SAMA ADA DIPEROLEHI SECARA PERCUMA @DIBELI.. SEMUA AIR-AIR INI TELAH DICAMPUR DENGAN “HOLY WATER” TOLONG SEBARKAN MESSAGE INI KEPADA SEMUA UMAT ISLAM /SAHABAT/SAHABIAH &DLL. SESUNGGUHNYA KITA TAK TERMAMPU MEMEGANG SENJATA UNTUK MENEGAKKAN AGAMA (ISLAM),AKAN TAPI KITA BOLEH LAKUKAN DENGAN SEND MESSAGE NIE... SEMOGA JASA BAIK INI DIRAHMATI ALLAH INSYALLAH..."

(I hope anyone who is reading this, have the best state of mind, matured enough to treat my post as what a normal civilized adult would do)

Right, so, I read the message, and well understood. And since I am a Muslim, I have no choice but to comment on this matter as a healthy-minded Muslim. Well, as you read the message once, it is quite convincing (and I still think it is )...But after you go through the message, word by word, one may have some doubts, and you'll start to play the 'what-if' game.

What if the message was a hoax?
What if the message was created by a Non-Muslim who wished to see the ppl to boycott those brands whose owners are actually Muslims?
What if the message was created by a Muslim who hates the other Muslim?
What if the message was from a neighbouring country with the intention of sparking the hates among us?
What if the message is indeed true and the sender is a Muslim who's just trying to remind the rest of the Muslims?

You see, I can list down the 'what-if' possibilities all day long, and we'll never get to the right conclusion as to which possibility is true.

Whichever it is, we Muslims (or Moslems as they say elsewhere) have our own guide on how to react to this kind of situation.

I'd like to apologize beforehand for not giving you the exact quote from the Qur'an, however the translation of the quote ROUGHLY READS:


You Shall Not Receive Any Information Unless You Verify it yourselves. God has given you the eyes, ears, the brain, and all the senses ...(and the verse continues)
So, It has been made clear to us that, unless you get to know the matter right, don't simply believe what ppl told you...
Anyone who'd be glad to help us verify the message? =)

No comments: