Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm certainly not a racist but

the recent event [Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Kuala Lumpur)] where the march to Parliament by Hindraf for the 2nd time, is really bugging me. This time, they tried to hand over a bunch of peaceful flowers to the Prime Minister. By now, I assume you all know the whole story. Otherwise, click here or here .

A friend of mine happened to be a supporter of this movement and he participated the march but at a different location. And so yes he got arrested. Of course because the Police had earlier refused a permit for the gathering and so participating in the rally would be illegal. Pity him.

But 6 hours later he was released, no charges. But he did complain when some of his fellow supporters that being held by the police were not being provided with food and drinks. Oh my....are you kidding me? And he got all these little details recorded and published on his blog.





"150 to 200 supporters being held at PULAPOL, Jalan Semarak for more than an hour now. No food and drinks being provided" according to the blog...


My dear friend, I wish you could see how the police deals with 'Malay Mat Rempit'. These Mat Rempits got smacked on their heads, kicked on their back, slapped on the face (like they don't have any dignity) and worse, you cn see how awfully the police would do to stop these bikers....(oh yes, you can see how these guys busted by the police in 999-TV3 then you cn see all the slapping, and kicking start to take place..)

and we really don't care when they're being treated such way. Because we all think they deserve some kind of lessons once in a while....Because they disrupt the traffic and make everyone mad. The road becomes less safe when they are in action. And everyone on the road just couldn't take it anymore...

You know, the rally participants and Mat Rempits are no different.

Mat Rempits don't have any authorised permission to switch the public road into a race track. Hindraf too didn't have any permission either...Oh of course the government will deny you a permit. What will you expect? Wasn't it Hindraf which claimed the government of upholding a Muslim Terrorist Group in its so called letter to the Brittons? (Good strategy indeed!) Would you expect the government to grant you a permit after all of that?...I don't think so... But then again, Hindraf can always try...(My tone seems like I'm biased to the gov't am I not? kekeke!)

Mat Rempits disrupt the traffic. Hindraf did too... (except that all Rempits actions take place at midnight as opposed to midday). Traffic disruption is not something you wish you would have while u're driving especially during weekends. You know why? Because personally, If can be mad by the action of some Mat Rempit especially when I'm drivin, why can't I be mad at the rally perticipants for the same reason? But some of my peers don't bother at all. Similarly, maybe some of us are very disturbed by the this rally, maybe some of us are not...I don't know...

But why is it when the Rempits get busted, they get all the whacks all over the place and later detained? (but FYI, if these Rempits are under 18, they will be released immediately after several urine tests)

And my friend here was just being held for 6 hours and released with no charges despite being more than 18 years old hmm... And he complained on behalf of his fellow rally supporters for being served neither with food nor drinks. Haha...maybe they think the Police works for a customer service center of somekind. They might wan't to try Restoran Abg Besar instead, they do serve food and drinks...despite the long waiting tme.

I'm not going against ur right to pariticipate in any movement, or even ur right to have the freedom of speech. No, not at all. I truly understand ur grievances of this and that. It's fine with me...It's just that there are better ways to get ur voice heard. So many other ways. And certainly not by street protesting and rally. No, seriously. Did you really have to go into all the troubles just to hand over a bunch of flowers to the Prime Minister?

Yesterday accusation: "Government-backed-Muslim Terrosrist group!"

Today statement: "We wanted to have 200 children also peacefully give Abdullah flowers but we were tear-gassed and water-cannoned by police," Thanenthiran said.

They sound to me like a bunch of hypocrites. Opps!

Now I'm beginning to sound like a racist person am I not?...No don't worry, I'm not a racist. Just being disturbed by the recent event...That's my personal opinion, you cn have yours...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you really think it's wrong for them to hold such rally? They're just practicing their right as far as Im concern...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can explain more on the 'Mat Rempit' part....

Anonymous said...

Dear Thaqif.
I wonder if u know about ur right as a Malaysian citizents. Please refer to Perlembagaan Negara. every one ha s the right to held a peaceful rally. I repeat PEACEFUL RALLY.The problem is no permit will be given by the police. and all the chaos are made by the police..e.g roadblock.In UK and US any boleh buat perhimpunan aman.Infact that is police duty to ensure the safety of the rally.

Anonymous said...

Of course...I understand....No one is denying the right to join such movement(movement, not the rally). But I simply don't agree when they decided to take it on the street. It's just that I'm disturbed by their action as much as I'm disturbed by Mat Rempits..
(No one is denying the right of Mat Rempit to use the public road by the way)

I wonder why, once they knew they've been denied the permit to hold such rally, why bother to proceed with one. while knowing you'll be breaking the law once proceeded. And when the police took the action to control the crowd, everyone in no time questioning such action. You see how simple this thing could be avoided.

They knew very well what would happen if they insisted to proceed. If they fail to acquire a permit this time, try later. Maybe the timing isn't right (the country are in the process of getting ready for the GE rite? Maybe tht's the reason..I don't know..)

I know, there were a lot of previous rallies organized by either the gov't or non gov't and they were being allowed to proceed.
And why this time, the police chose not to allow?
I'm sure, the police had a very good reason why they didn't allow the rally this time. Maybe one of the reasons is well described below.

Now let put ourselves in the position of a police officer. First of, previously, this movement accused the gov't of upholding a some kind of Muslim terrorist. Then they suddenly came up to you and said "We would like to apply a permit to hold a very Peaceful Rally tomorrow. Can you issue the permit??"

Would you want to issue one? It doesn't seem right.

They just don't sound sincere to me. As peaceful as the rally appear to be, the motive of such rally can be greatly questioned.

Grievances happen across all races. And if you want to take Bumi(s) into account, you maybe surprised on how most of them don't hold up any street rally despite being hardcore poor. Look Sabah, S'wak...Miri pn dh cukup klw nk tgk org Bumiptr yg susah...tinggal dlm tanker lori yg mcm slalu krg jmpe at any construction site. Lg kesian...They even fish at the nearby drain for food, sedey tau. (I'm not kidding ye..)

I mean, just don't get too carried away. Some of them just got carried away by the sentiments. (Biasela, isu perkauman, cpt je org respon, and terbakar2)

The very reason I wrote this post, is because my friend in question who participated in the rally, is a Petronas loan holder. And I'm really confused on what kind of grievances he want to complaint by participating such rally....Hmm...?
And he makes a lot of side income from his blog generated by the ad...It seems to me he's having a very good life...at least financially.

Now....You see, I've started to use the term Bumiputr, race etc which I'd like to avoid...It smells like racist, who I try hard not to be.

That's my opinion, you cn hv urs

-takep-

Anonymous said...

O...one more thing, I was referring to a 'kontena' when I mentioned the word 'tanker' in my previous comment up there...Sorry for inaccurately describing 'kontena' as 'tanker'...Hehehe..Ppl make flaws...

-takep-