Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ironically, Mahathir and Anwar

had been the 'push and pull' factor over the campaign period that contributes to the surprising result of the 12th General Election. Mahathir with his blunt criticism towards Pak Lah and Anwar with his appealing promises. By now we all know the result, and it considerably took all of us by surprise. It was a sudden and stunning end (at least to 4 main states BN formerly ruled) to almost 40 years of BN rule in these states.


The MAIN QUESTION I would personally like to ask is:

How did BN not see it coming?

Certainly, to most of BN component parties, the night of March 8 was a night when predictions, assumptions and stereotypes went flying out of the window.

It looks like BN intelligence sources have gone haywire....they should've expected this prior the GE, and subsequently do necessary mitigation plan to ensure 2/3 majority...

The vote swing was expected but the degree of swing stunned everyone including me....hehehe

Now BN, despite the win, have to work hard as the opposition parties, with Penang and Selangor under their control, will have stronger financial muscles for the next fight..

Anyway, above all, I had cast my vote, carried out my right (or rather duty) as a citizen and that, is the least thing I can do for the country...

Despite all of this happened for the betterment of the general public, I still could not find any leader that I can truly rely on. In fact, I would rather cast my vote for Maimun (or Tok Mun) instead (if I stay in Kuala Terengganu lah...)

I've come across her blog and found out that she is truly inspiring and most importantly, sincere...despite being the oldest election candidate in M'sia and quite possibly in the world..

(Kdg2 aku rase malu sgt bile nenek mcm die ckp die x tahan org2 mude asyik complain tp x nk buat sesuatu ttg masalah yg dihadapi...) Click on Tok Mun's poster below to view her blog!




Now, we should keep watching closely on all parties as they translate their manifestos into actions. We have plenty of time to see who will deliver who will not. And by the end of these coming 4 years, Malaysia will again determine which party with performance that is just as crappy as its manifesto. After all, if you can be voted in, you can also be voted out!

No comments: