Sunday, January 28, 2007

Bahasa-ly English or Englishly Bahasa?

Hey everyone! Saturday was so boring.....are you bored? I've once read a post from this one blog. It says that if you're bored, then try to pick your nose or korek pusat..kakakaka!

This morning, (actually it was noon huahua!) I woke up in bed realizing it was Saturday, and immediately thought of how should I spend the day. Exactly after lunch, I decided to watch a movie which was directly downloaded from DC++ to my desktop the night before. It was a local movie production-comedy genre to mention. And one of the characters in the film is a Malay Film Producer-apparently a female- who has a habit of communicating in funny English.

What tickles me is that this character uses English words which are directly translated from Bahasa. Haha! (Saying this doesn't mean my English is perfect ye...). And among the words are listed down there. Try to guess the exact meaning of each quote in Bahasa..It can be very tough though...Huahua!

"...I'm sure it can hit box-office, I insurance you..."

"...I corner suddenly-suddenly, I see a big dog in the top of the road. I shocking, I press-press my brake, my brake cannot eat..."

"...Then my car broke down. But next tomorrow day, Tan Sri borrow his car..." <---This is the toughest part to understand the exact meaning!

"...many people can come cinema can watch can laugh kahkahkah!..."

"...I go throw small water..."

"...Somehow she wants to call Nicholas to act in the film, this badness!.."

"...she has no spirit National..."

"...Malaysia got many actor, looking good talent good..."

"...you come here I never ask, better more you behave yourself or no you go home! Don't late my time!..."

"...you are new, you must learn to maintain your cool, understanding?..."

and that are just some of the many hilarious dialogues in the film. Well, what's my point telling you all these? Nothing specific actually, I simply wan't to share them with you hoping that they may somehow cheer you up in case you're really in moody state right now. At least there is something good coming out of this post huh?

p/s: Do you know what will happen after tonight? Khyril of our national football team will be a laughing-stock to Singaporean fans, and even worse, he'll be an easy target for the raging fans of the entire nation. Try not to fail next time could you?

3 comments:

JoeBlogs said...

I hate tanks too.

Anonymous said...

penalty kick = pressure

thaqifroslim said...

Haha sure hanip. Tp prnh ke ko amik penalty? Kekeke!